View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 4, 2017, 4:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallsy's Toupee View Post
I have to say that's a poorly concocted survey. No age choice over 54, and it is so open-questioned I ended up not contributing much. I have no great ideas about the park other than what most would expect. I prefer to have surveys on more specific ideas as with the Insight surveys.
i passed 54 a long time ago (not sure whether that deserves a or a ) so my opinion might not matter much but...

a pocket park here might be quite lovely here one day when it's not in the middle of nothing but it's not going to be a catalyst.

the quarters plan was supposed to be a catalyst (and before that the plan for jasper east village).

the armature was supposed to be a catalyst (and will hopefully have an impact now that it's actually open and providing access instead of blocking it).

if we want a park connection to be a catalyst, instead of focusing on kinistinaw, the armature - or at least the pedestrian portions of it - should be extended north and curved west through mary burley park in a manner that then connects chinatown north with chinatown south and also ties in with the multi-use trail from clareview as it enters downtown. done right that would provide river valley access and connections to that network (including the proposed river walk etc.).