View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 1, 2017, 7:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigguy1231 View Post
It won't be new in 13 years. It is already out of date and too small to be of use for a Commonwealth Games. If you noticed when they announced locations for World Cup games if the North American bid is accepted, that Hamilton isn't on the Canadian list. There is a reason for that, the stadium is too small.
Yea, but still new enough. Needing a new stadium/arena after only 15-20 years is ridiculous... no matter how cities like Atlanta try to justify it. Building a larger capacity stadium just to be able to host a few events over the course of many years is a waste. It will also create over-supply of seats for the Ti-Cats, killing the illusion of ticket-scarcity... and at the same time will result in a less intimate stadium experience with more empty seats and ruining the atmosphere.

The stadium ship has sailed... we have one and we're stuck with it.

Plus it doesn't help when I consider things like the Commonwealth Games and Pan-Am Games a waste of time and money. If it weren't for the last Pan-Am Games being hosted by Toronto/Hamilton - I'd have no idea who was hosting it. I don't even know who took home the most medals during that event. Same deal with Commonwealth.

So many more useful things that can be done with that money.