View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 11, 2019, 3:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by llamaorama View Post
I was just thinking.

I am single, live in apartment by myself. I use my range about twice a week at the minimum, same with the oven. You can't really cook meat or fish in the microwave, duh. The microwave gets daily use of course.

I wouldn't want to go without my generic, low end electric stove/oven, however why does it have to be so huge? I feel like basically every American owns an oven with 2 or 3 racks, big enough to make a huge turkey and some casseroles at the same time. Growing up a traditional 4-person nuclear family we never made a humongous amount of food simultaneously in the oven except maybe during Thanksgiving. A normal person could get by with some kind of apparatus that's deep like a normal convection oven so as to accomodate a frozen pizza, but squat like a toaster oven. Make it like one of those fancy fan-based ovens that cook faster. Then a range top with just one or two burners.

I blame the Brady Bunch and their dual ovens. Alice must have been baking stuff all damn day.
Have you watched House Hunters? People have literally complimented an oven or complained about it due soley to Thanksgiving dinner. They are basing their entire kitchen and home purchase on impressing some people .3% of the year. It's rather insane when you think about it.