View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 17, 2020, 6:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamchung taiwan View Post
They tried to cut down the cost by amend entire design, but they failed. So they finally decide add more money on budget. Now the budget stands 95 billion NT dollars which I think it is not still enough for original design because they still eliminate some design details in new proposal.

You are correct about increasing the budget as Heathrow's Terminal 5 gross floor Area is 465,000 m² and cost £4.3 billion. The project started in 1988 and the construction took place in September 2002 and finished in 2008.

However, Madrid Barajas Airport's Terminal 4 gross floor is 1,158,000 m² and cost € 1,238,000,000 to build. The project started in 1997. It began the construction in 2000 and finished in 2005.

These Terminals views above and also the Taoyuan Terminal 3 are designed by Rogers Stirk Harbour + Partners. As you can see, they took 5-6 years to construct.

I have visit the Taoyuan Airport website recently and as I was scrolling down on the page, I have saw the image of the Terminal 3, which looks slightly different to the previous design proposal as it has got a flatter roof but kept the wave design. I am guessing that they have accidentally leaked the new design proposal that they have secretly kept to themselves from the public’s eye. Anyway, I am just wondering whether you feel skylight should be included for Taiwan's new terminal?

Last edited by BenH10; Jul 17, 2020 at 8:22 PM.