View Single Post
Old Posted May 31, 2011, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenwick16 View Post
You must have been financially well-off for a student. In 1979, I had a basement, bachelor-style apartment at 5261 Kent Street (a 4 storey apartment building) that cost about $165/month. My memory isn't good enough to remember the address that far back, but I was able to find the building and address with Street View since I remembered the general area (what a great resource all these map services are!).

I remember the time when if you wanted to find a particular news story you would have to read newspapers or scan the TV news (it was always so frustrating to just miss a story on the TV or radio). Now getting any news story on the internet takes just a matter of seconds, or minutes at the most.
'House! You were lucky to live in a house! We used to live in one room, all twenty-six of us, no furniture, 'alf the floor was missing, and we were all 'uddled together in one corner for fear of falling.'

not really well off, just ate apples and peanut butter, lost 30 pounds in four months. Did you have any floors in that place on Kent? $165, wow