View Single Post
Old Posted May 20, 2019, 2:46 AM

The previous posts highlight the amazing skyline we have here in Austin. All the depth and breath and the future proposals are stunning. Just in the Rainey Street area alone the proposals are really breath-taking. Really, breath-taking.

I am not a fan of this building, 6 x Guadalupe, however, just by the size of it we will have a mountain of a skyline for a metro our size when / if it gets built. (Please do not throw tomatoes at my last sentence.) I think we have been become complacent or stunned here in Austin over the last dozen years. The amount of construction is truly mind boggling. For those who live in other cities, I am not sure they are aware of the rapid pace of construction we are seeing. I had to ask what the Indeed Tower was. Oh, yeah, Block 71. My head keeps spinning.

I moved here 25 years ago from a very big metro to live in a Big Town / Small City. Nothing pointed to the fastest growing metro for over a decade and a skyline that is truly REMARKABLE.

I just wish I could say this building will be remarkable, but I can not. It is just two nice buildings, with some sexy angles, stacked on top of each other with an huge ugly parking podium facing a very Historic 1800's Bremond Block. We are talking horse and buggy historic district meets suburban 15 story automobile storage facility, that looks like like a suburban automobile storage facility in downtown Austin! And the whole building is topped with a flat roof. For me, not very remarkable nor sensitive to its older historic neighbors. Money speaks. History and connection.....? At least clad the parking as if it is part of the office tower. That is at least respectable. A suburban parking podium pooping on the Bremond Historic Block is a disgrace. There, someone said it!

Last edited by AusTex; May 20, 2019 at 4:26 AM.