View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 23, 2023, 8:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blah_Amazing View Post
Since we were talking about 150 S Main, I thought I would go back and check. Based on the Design Review filing, Hines filed for an extension of their approval at the May 25, 2022 Planning Commission Meeting, which extended their Design Review approval for the tower to July 15, 2023.

See extension request memo from 2022: http://www.slcdocs.com/Planning/Plan...05-25-2022.pdf

Thoughts?
I didn't dig deep but it seems Hines is under the impression they would have until July 26, 2023 as they believe the approval started once the 10-day appeal period following the approval was over. The city's approval seems to make clear that they are using the July 15, 2023 date, but they also say "Planning staff is recommending that the requested one-year time extension for this project be granted" so I am a bit unclear - but I guess we will find out if they file anything this week

Interesting that Hines cites 80 days of delay due to opposing parties filing an appeal against the design review approval. "Due to the ongoing legal action, the Project Owner was unable to proceed with the necessary design processes from July 26th, 2021, until October 14th, 2021."