View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 29, 2023, 7:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrinChi View Post
Thank you. I got a blood clot in my leg from an international flight last week, unfortunately. I'll be fine, it's more annoying than anything. Let that be a lesson to make sure you get up and stretch your legs on long flights... and those of us who WFH should also be careful.

Anyway, about the ER: I imagine the existence of the ER itself is definitely permanent. I also recall reading about its opening several years back, so I was expecting state of the art. It was originally located around 58th and Maryland - I never visited at this location, but sometime since the end of 2020 it relocated to 57th and Maryland, and this structure used to be exclusively a parking garage. I'm not sure why it was relocated and I even tried to ask a few nurses and staff to get background about the relocation but they didn't have much info. The current facility seems like a patchwork buildout, so that's why I'm wondering if this is intended to be its permanent home, and if they plan to improve it in the near future. I sure hope so!
I have no inside information on this at all, but my understanding is that the University's long-term plan is to remodel or replace the older buildings that currently house the Mitchell Hospital. Maybe the plan is to move the emergency facilities back there.