View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 24, 2022, 3:58 AM

I read a really good explanation about this earlier today but I can't recall. Basically the gist of it is that council voted this had to be included in the draft budget. Then it will be debated, probably talked down to a more reasonable amount of funding before they put it to a vote and we can see how each councilor votes. Putting in the draft budget or not is not the city manager's decision. Council directed them to do it.

I suspect that some councilors are hot under the collar because they will have to vote publicly on the homelessness motion and put their opinions in the discussion and they don't like it. Odds are there will be some push to try to get this in-camera instead of in-public but they don't have grounds to move it in private.

Yes, using the courts is a big stick, but it's an important issue for our city, especially when a lot of people are starting to question what council's priorities are. And wow, Masters calling it sexism is crap. I don't think I've ever seen her look so wired in a presser. I'd love to know what's being said behind closed doors these days.