View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 15, 2022, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae View Post
Or it could be both. besides LA/LA County isn't alone in the undercounting thing.

and like I said, traffic can be worse if families of 4+ are being replaced by singles and DINKs. there aren't enough people to replace the family 1:1, but the car ratio is likely higher with the singles/DINKs. I know people who bought homes from families during the latest housing buy up and they don't have kids but have two cars. bring in a roommate and that's 3 cars to a house that use to only have 2 max, even though there are 3 people living in the house vs the 4-5+ before. thus the domestic out-migration but feelings of more traffic at times.

LA (and coastal CA in general) attracts more people, specifically domestically, that move out here and dont want kids or do very late. out of our friend circle we are the only ones with kids even though there are several married couples, yet in my old friend circle back home there's several couples with kids.

all we have right now is the census data to go off of, so that's what I'm using to be consistent across the board
Again, LA never challenges. Obviously it's big deal to NYC, and Chicago does i as well.

So we really don't know what the true population actually is. LA has been estimated at over 4 million for, what, 12 years now? But the census doesn't get it right, and the city/county just shrugs it off.
I'd like to see them one time what it really is.

And I told you before. It's not just traffic. The mass transit is busier, and I think surpassed the bay area for ridership. It's clear to anyone who's here it feel like more people.