View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 17, 2022, 4:53 PM
surely you agree with me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hecate View Post
I agree, this area desperately needs condos for rich people. The city is clearly running out of space for the endangered condo. We don’t need green space with trees and grass and maybe a soccer pitch or something else so the poorer local residents of downtown can use it and enjoy. It needs condos! Nothing livens up an area like condos. So glad the forks sold off a money making asset to fund geothermal for private condos on public land. Best decision evaaaahhh!
I think its funny when people use the word 'condo' to mean something evil. A condo is just a type of ownership no different than a house. Replace the word 'condo' in this rant with the word 'housing' and see how it changes.

"Nothing livens up an area like condos" becomes "Nothing livens up an area like housing"

suddenly you are right.....housing means people....even when they own their housing like in a condominium structure, it just means people.

the housing being planned at railside is mostly rental apartments....some student, some affordable, some condominium, but mostly rental apartments.

There is loooooots of greenspace for local residents....the problem is there are very few local residents....that's kind of the entire point.....

What money making asset did the forks sell to build geothermal?