View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 7, 2022, 9:11 PM

Here are several tourist snapshots taken in my old neck of the woods.

They are all dated 1973 (I arrived 10 years later). . . and they were all recently found on eBay.

Looking west on Sunset near Larrabee Street.

I spy Filthy McNasty's. ...& I'm trying to figure out - what looks like - an upside-down a Currie's Ice Cream Parlor (when they were shaped like giant ice-cream cones)
to the right of the Shell sign.

The famous Tower Videos on the northwest corner of Sunset and Horn Ave.

I'm completely stumped by the. . .um. . .what looks like. . .a smokestack with a top hat on top.

sidenote:

A friend of mine in college drove a Pinto. .but not just an ordinary pinto. .it was a Bicentennial Edition Pinto.

This one needs no explanation. (but here's one anyway)... It's the iconic Whiskey-A-Go-Go (formerly a Bank of America) on the northwest corner of Sunset and N. Clark Street.

I love this one....It appears to be a psychedelic head-shop named. .um. .Conspiracy(?).

And there is a pool room next door that, if I'm reading it correctly, is named the Corner Pocket.

hmm. . .I think I see the street number, 3300 (?) I hope we can figure out the location (other than on Sunset Blvd.)

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Lastly, let's return to the Tower Records photograph

Here's a closer look at the mystery thingy on the roof.

detail

As you can see there's writing but I can't quite make it out.

Last edited by ethereal_reality; Jan 13, 2022 at 7:35 PM.