View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 25, 2021, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dirt View Post
Aren't the taxiways between concourses wide enough to let two jumbo jets pass each other without clipping wings? Feels like we could close the southern halves of the tunnels between the concourses so that at least 1 plane can pass at a time, then after completing those, we would do the northern halves, limiting the impact.

Honestly, this is brilliant. Why not open a brand new airport southeast of Castle Rock to serve the southern metro and Colorado Springs? This will take pressure off the Springs airport while they upgrade it... or close it and build something between CS and Pueblo to serve both metros. Then connect all of them with the Front Range rail project. I'm sure some engineers can be convinced to put out a study about how we're losing millions of dollars in productivity if we don't do this and the politicians will be dumb enough to believe them.
I also don't think that cut and cover would take that long. Considering the need, it's a no brainer.

I wonder if they should just build it out to potential Concourse D, because realistically, this airport will need it sooner or later.

And secondary airport would make sense. Especially for low-cost carriers. Maybe I'm too European, but it's just so common over there that I don't quite get how our metro is served by one airport.