View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 31, 2021, 8:51 PM

I think Old City is fairly desperate for tenants at the moment. One of my favorite hangouts (The Gaslight) closed down and there was talk that the landlord was done with bars/restaurants and he was going to cut the place up and turn it into offices.

After a few months of vacancy, they have a breakfast/lunch soulfood restaurant opening. No booze.

I can't imagine that place has even the slightest chance to make it though the owner seems like a good, hardworking guy. I hope it does but the point is that not everyone can wait it out for the right tenants - even if they are adamant.

Honestly, I'm shocked that Stephen Starr didn't snatch that place up. It's a beautiful room in a great location for Old City right next to his HQ. His lack of activity in general is VERY strange to me. I think that the reset that happened with so many closures due to covid will mark a historical opportunity to take advantage. With his finacial position, he was exactly the type organization to take full advantage of that. He did NOTHING. The OG Conti is still completely empty with absolutely no signs of life.

Makes me wonder if his organization isn't in quite the position we assume.