View Single Post
Old Posted May 19, 2021, 6:20 PM
Unapologetic Occidental

Quote:
Originally Posted by le calmar View Post
I could still do that back in 2005. I am pretty sure it was stil a thing even in the early 2010s, but they were already slowly but surely moving away from music around that time so live broadcasts were not as common. And people didn’t care as much at that point.
I believe at one point, Musique Plus (and also MuchMusic - they had the same parent company) were bought by MTV and started carrying a lot of its content. Much of it non-musical.

This started the decline of both networks and to me it was very striking on MusiquePlus where original programming slowly but surely dried up.

I mean, how many people are really that interested in watching Paris Hilton's BFF competition reality show dubbed or subtitled in French? Really?

Like MuchMusic, MusiquePlus was at its best with its original shows like Le Combat des Clips, Le Cimetière des CD (where critic Claude Rajotte had a device to ceremoniously smash CDs he didn't like) or Rocambolesque Le Quiz.

My friends still occasionally shout out some of the more famous replies from contestants on that quiz show.