View Single Post
Old Posted May 7, 2021, 8:41 AM

The second video spun me around so much I can't tell which building they entered but it seemed like One Rincon Hill which is now around a decade old (the newer of the two buildings--the older one is 2 decades old) vs 1550 Mission which is brand new.

In the eyes of most people, Rincon Hill (they were at the top of the hill regardless of whether it's ORH or the building across the street) is by far the better neighborhood but it's a San Francisco thing: If you want to go out and grab a cup of coffee or a quart of milk from those buildings, it's going to be a significant climb back up the hill from any kind of shopping on Folsom St. (there's not much but those residential buildings at the top of the hill).

On the other hand 1550 Mission is on the flatlands with a decent amount of shopping not too far away including a Whole Foods, multiple coffee places and so on (had a great donut--in a place that also makes pizzas in a wood-fired over--just a block and half away today), with no hills to climb. Downside: No Bay views like at ORH (from the 40th floor you can probably see the Bay but it's not nearby like at ORH).

Bottom line: As somebody who really values a walkable neighborhood, I don't think living at the top of Rincon Hill would do it for me even if it meant I had to pass a few homeless folks on my walks as I likely would at 1550 Mission.