View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 18, 2021, 1:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kool maudit View Post
There is not going to be a 'party' decade because people are not like that right now. People are risk-averse and institutionally oriented right now. The Western world is comparatively old and sterile.

We could see a partying culture emerge either during or after the next war - the natural partner of sex is death.
You really don't think people will let loose once "victory" is declared over the virus?

My fiancée literally said last night "At this point, I'd welcome getting groped just to be in a mass of bodies at a nightclub again"

All my single friends, male and female, who haven't been able to really date for going on a year, are telling me they intend to go crazy hopping into bed with people. I kinda think there's going to be an STI boom.

Our honey moon was going to be either two weeks somewhere tropical ore one week in Europe. Now we're planning 3 or 4 weeks in Aus/NZ. Fuck it, life's too short not to do the trip we really want.

I said in the other thread, I don't know how I'm not going to spend every dollar doing things I couldn't. Every invite out for drinks, every concert or sporting event, every weekend get-together -do you think people are going to say "no" to anything for the next while once the virus is beat and we're free?