View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 2, 2020, 6:56 PM
Still optimistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone123 View Post
This is a pretty weird take on genitals. They're a thing that only the owner ever knows about and are a kind of private thematic element to life? Just about every human's life in history has involved not totally private genitals.
Private doesn't mean "no one ever sees them". Sex is a private act between people. Hey, maybe I'm the outlier prude, but other than sex and like 30 seconds while changing at the pool, my genitals are generally not on display

(I think this is officially my favourite post on this forum)

Quote:
Let's say you're at a party and you meet somebody. You might have sex with them eventually. You are a very attractive female-presenting individual. Does it matter if you have a penis? Is it better for everybody to basically know or better for you to explain it to acquaintances or potential sex partners on a case-by-case basis at some point? I don't have a right or wrong answer in mind for this.
What I'm saying is precisely that no, the question of what's under the skirt doesn't have an impact on whether I'll see that person as a lady. As for the disclose vs discover question, I guess it depends on what you feel most comfortable with.
But again, sex is a private act. You don't have sex with most people you interact with on a daily basis. For the primarily social purpose of gender, sex is a relatively minor aspect.