View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 29, 2020, 3:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackerm View Post
I sure looked at a lot of Richfield stations the other day. Here's one I liked for no obvious reason. Even with the cataloging info, it would probably be impossible to place:

CSUN

But the Photographer is given as Quality Photo Shop, and the library had two others from the same source:

CSUN

CSUN

The bottom photo is identified as Glendale Avenue, the other two just Glendale, but the middle photo has a Piggly Wiggly, which is exotic (for me anyway. I know it mostly from Driving Miss Daisy). It might be possible to deduce the locations of these three photos as a group.
The theme seems to be street paving.

The middle picture is looking west on East Colorado towards the intersection of South Adams. The 1930 Glendale CD has:

ancestry.com

There is a roof sign:

...which when reversed says:

And the CD has:

ancestry.com

Here is a Sanborn which shows the location of the intersection of S Adams and E Colorado:

lapl.org

It also shows a drug store at 1024-8 E Colorado (sw corner of Adams/Colorado) seen in the photo, which is confirmed by the CD:

ancestry.com

The CD has a Pepper Tree Inn restaurant at 1114 E Colorado at the same place as the Driftwood. I bet if one slogged through the CDs, we might find a name change.

In 1930 there were some photographers on E Colorado, but none with "Quality" in their name.

Last edited by Lorendoc; Aug 29, 2020 at 4:05 AM.