View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 5, 2020, 7:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Pal View Post
No fireworks, but:

As for all the cancelled fireworks shows:

With Most Firework Shows Canceled, SoCal Residents Set Off Their Own 4th of July Celebrations
Although fireworks are illegal in the city of Los Angeles and all firework displays are banned in L.A. County this year, that didn't stop residents on Saturday night, putting citizens in danger. The Los Angeles Fire Department said it responded to over 100 fires, including 29 structure fires, 12 brush and tree fires and 116 rubbish fires. It's unclear if fireworks were responsible for all them but the department tweeted "Fireworks are not toys."

Story with videos:
https://abc7.com/society/illegal-fir...a-sky/6298951/

I think it was just to celebrate NLA and E_R's birthday! Was this going on in other cities and towns?
Here in Las Vegas my neighborhood sounded like a war zone. Most illegal fireworks that I've ever heard in 21 years in this house. The explosions had started by 6 pm and didn't really let up until after 11, and didn't actually stop until after midnight. I was using Las Vegas's online illegal fireworks reporting site non-stop for 3+ hours. Not that any police ever showed up, of course.

My sister's neighborhood was the same.