View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 27, 2020, 4:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenBoot View Post
Every major city in Texas (other than Austin) is allowing residential and commercial construction to continue. In fact, most major cities across America are allowing projects to move forward - except for Seattle, San Francisco, Boston, Austin and maybe a small handful of others.

Please go and sign the Change.org petition.

According to a story in the biz journal, some projects are going to continue to work until a city official comes and closes them down in person. Several development groups are also calling on Gov. Abbott to step in and force the city, and Travis county, to alter their orders.

I am FOR construction to continue but I also am AGAINST continuing work in its current state. Unsanitary conditions, people expected to work in confined spaces, workers not getting sent home when they are sick even after they have been reported to the GC, nobody including the GC taking distancing seriously. I am all for construction to continue but it’s extremely messed up to expect people to work like this when a pandemic is afoot.

On a big site downtown last week, there was a older steel worker who has been sick for a few days but refused to go home because it was just ’allergies’. As of this week he is in the hospital and 4 of his crew are home sick now too. Has work on the site stopped? No. Can the guys even wash their hands onsite? No. Are they expected to come into work if their fever went down yesterday? Yes

Just keep this in mind when you are signing this petition. What comes first, the economy or the health of others?