View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 3, 2020, 4:26 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by New2Fishtown View Post
Fantasy transit planning is fun, but the reality is that there are many, many obstacles beyond the obvious engineering challenges of fitting a station in that location. First is that this is not perceived by any entity or person that matters to be anywhere near the highest transit priority for the region.
It doesn't have to be the top priority. But it is something that could be done pretty inexpensively, much less expensively than the other initiatives you mention, but that would have a huge benefit.
Quote:
the remarkably expensive idea to extend platforms along the existing MFL to allow longer trains so that the line can increase its capacity).
if you're talking to me, I never said to extend the platforms lengthwise to allow for longer trains. I said to extend them laterally over the trolley tracks so that the platforms reach the MFL tracks which are below the middle of market street.

Quote:
The bummer realities being what they are, it would be wiser to invest in improving the experience that exists. As mentioned up thread, transferring lines is not a crazy thing to ask of people, and something that urban commuters do worldwide all the time without thinking twice.
There isn't a problem transferring lines, as long as you're transferring between equal capacity lines. But to transfer from a high capacity to a low one in an area that requires high capacity, doesn't make much sense.