View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 30, 2019, 9:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomarandlee View Post
Utterly different kind of potential parks and programming obviously. This would be more forest preserve/athletic compound I would imagine.

Which would be perfectly good and fine but it is not likely to bring an influx of activity and new residents scrambling to live near it in an area that is already not in high demand. Which again is fine, not every new space needs to have the goal of spurring maximum economic activity and hopefully whoever lives in the area in future generations will appreciate a real sizable lakeside forest preserve/park if that is the direction that Southworks eventually takes.
sure, i agree with all that. i far prefer spaces like Palmisano Park which respect native prairie ecosystems while still nodding to former industrial uses. i think southworks would have the potential to be something like that on steroids.

less is more

Chicago has far too few places to truly escape. there are plenty of other vacant lots that could suit film studios. hell, even on the other side of the street. no need for this type of use to go on the waters edge and further restrict access for decades more.