View Single Post
Old Posted May 20, 2019, 1:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunt_q View Post
I don’t agree that Bernie is more benign (many in the world sleep more comfortably not having a peacenik in charge of the US military), any less radical, or any less opposite the fundamentals of what America stands for (free stuff for all? personal responsibility is no less fundamental an American value than personal liberty). You feel that way because you more closely align with him than the other guy. I view Bernie as the same; the Trump of the left. I only point it out because folks on here are every bit as myopic as the Fox News crowd when it comes to “we are right, they are wrong.” Personally, I disagree with you both.
Okay, I get that. And if it comes down to Trump vs Bernie, I'll totally understand your reasoning and certainly not assume you're a bigot.

Back when the world still made sense, I understood why liberals didn't like Bush or why conservatives didn't like Obama. But my hatred of Trump (and I'll go ahead and admit that I do indeed hate him) doesn't feel at all like a left-vs-right/conservative-vs-liberal thing. It is. The polls show it. It's the liberals who hate him and the conservatives who love him. But it doesn't feel like that to me. It feels like the world has gone mad. Can conservatives not see that he's a pathological liar and raging narcissist? Do they not cringe every day as I do when another tweet-storm reveals a horrifying level of poor mental health and stunted intellect coming from the President of the United States of America? Are they not aware that he's a climate-change denier and birther?

I don't understand it. I don't understand what's happening.