View Single Post
Old Posted May 19, 2019, 4:33 PM
Robotic Construction

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeFive View Post
Not that I necessarily disagree but that's a totally liberal take.

Reality is that most everyday Americans don't have the time to obsess over every silly or stupid thing that's tweeted. They have lives to lead and kids that need this, that and so on.

The majority mostly care about the big picture and their own personal circumstances. Am I better or worse off today than 4 years ago? That's the challenge for Dems. What's your plan for my family's needs; don't tell me about all your silly complaints. Even when Trump is wrong the visual is that he 'puts America first' and why should voters dislike that?

Not interested in getting into specific issues; I'm merely trying to reflect the big picture as seen through the eyes of the body politic.
Trump's visual is that he puts the wealthy and specifically himself ahead of America and average Americans. Where is the disconnect here? His actions are clear. Nothing he has ever said or done indicates he puts America first, other than his obvious attempts to manipulate public opinion with obvious misinformation. He specifically appeals to the greedy who care more about themselves and their families financial wellbeing than America as a nation. So he specifically does not put America first, he puts greed first.