View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 3, 2019, 5:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wong21fr View Post
Really? Bellview Station, Boulder, Belmar, Downtown Westminster come to mind as mixed used developments that are "the rage". These are all direct competitors to downtown in terms of trying to garner employers and retail development.

Lone Tree's "downtown" is a joke and a contradiction between the hype of building an urban, mixed-use development and the reality of what they're trying to land: new suburban style corporate campuses like Charles Schwab and Kiewit. These are perfectly fine, better than the crap thrown up at Meridian in that there's a fleeting attempt at being non auto-oriented, and are competition to downtown, but Lone Tree won't be competing as an opposing city center.
You realize the “downtown” area of Lone Tree is located on the east side of I25. Last I heard the developers were fighting with the FAA over building heights. From my understanding the downtown area was designed on grid system and they were wanting 20-40 story buildings. If anything, Lone Tree seems to be the only suburb embracing denser development.