View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 3, 2019, 7:08 PM
TL;DR

Quote:
Originally Posted by emathias View Post
I understand that, at least with CAT, all machines, at least within a class (like all bulldozers), share the same key. Yes, I mean *all*. LockPickingLawyer talks about it in one of his YouTube videos.

So, that said, you provide the liquor and someone track down a key, and I'll get to work ... ;-)

Plenty of places have stations on inclines - I've seen them in at least three subway systems. I can't speak to the braking system, though. And don't the Sheridan and Loyola stops on the Red Line have at least slight curves to their platforms? And there's that abandoned curved station in the Ike median - former Kostner?

Does anyone know if they'll be digging out platforms long enough for at least ten-car trains? I would hope so since, if the north Red Line ridership grows the way the CTA thinks it might, they'll probably want to run ten-car trains shortly after finishing the RPM project(s).
I think Addison on the Blue Line is the most severely curved CTA platform now that Chicago Brown Line has been rebuilt.

Moving to ten-car trains on the Red Line will be a long, slow process. Even after RPM is finished, CTA will still need to lengthen the platforms on the Dan Ryan stations (some easier than others) and secure additional yard space to increase their Red Line fleet by 25%. That likely means completing the Red Line extension, which includes a big new yard at 130th, or making alternate arrangements for a big new yard somewhere.

Last edited by ardecila; Feb 3, 2019 at 7:22 PM.