View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 16, 2019, 3:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevencourchene View Post
Keith so you think that of our community and awful it is (Charles st to Cornwallis st) that many people love and choose to live and raise family's,dine and shop and so much more then i hope you stay in your so called straight laced areas and don't get to enjoy the many wonderful things that stretch of Gottingen street has to offers now and in the near future. this community is filled with beautiful people and great tings to offer this city and i choose to live in one of the newer buildings but am from a area there that is old and for affordable and low income housing where my family has made their home for the last 60 years.
your comment makes me think you as closed minded and are wrapped up in your own world to not see the greatness of the north end the vibrant mix of people,housing,incomes,arts,shops,cafes and dinning and parks and play places for kids and programs for everyone of every walk of life
No, I am realistic and not looking at that stretch through rose-colored glasses. It would be nice if it was as you describe, but with a safe injection site, an illegal weed shop, and numerous empty lots/ugly/derelict buildings in that stretch, it still has a long way to go. I do concede that it is better than it was 10 years ago. But much more needs to change.