View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 10, 2018, 3:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denvergotback View Post
Sorry one last thing to add!

continuing on my post above, maybe I'm an outlier or maybe there are more people drawn to tall buildings also, but when I look at Downtown Dallas or Houston, they have the wow factor from the distance, they have that image of intrigue, but unfortunately when you go in them, there is nothing there to retain you.

Salt Lake is constantly adding street engagement and density, it has what Dallas and Houston don't, it has the retaining effect. What it lacks is the wow factor of intrigue.

It just takes one or two WOW buildings

Like that stupid quote, "If you build it, they will come!"
Well said. SLC, is definitely needs a wow building or 3. I don’t care about height but, I am very keen on design. I think Orlando said as much. Design, design, design. It is what inspires and motivates people to live, work and entertain in the city. Great cities are great because their design of streets, parks, buildings etc. one point I disagree on is I think Utah is very ambitious in many ways. It has a very high entrepreneurial spirit, but in other ways we are very conservative. While I love that PRI is investing SLC, you will never get them to build a wow building because they build to compliment the temple not challenge it for eyeballs. It will likely have to be an outside firm or maybe DDRM?