View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 19, 2018, 6:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwoldtimer View Post
Was this an industrial area at some time in the past?
Yes, as in, industrial agricultural. All types of farm animals were grown on this farm, in extremely controlled conditions, to test their growth rates and patterns, in order to optimize Canadian farming.

I'm not saying there's tons of pollution around, but what I am saying is that 30+ animal barns clustered in a group, for science purposes, can't be the cleanest place ever. We all know how people abused the environment in the 40's-80's.

I'm also saying that the NCC is trying their best to lease out already used land to start generating a friggin' profit from these abandoned places that are underused. Bell already uses a large chunk of this land, along with the NCC's landscaping people (pallets of granite, rink shacks for the canal, old statues and monuments, trucks, etc.). The google maps images are pretty fascinating

It would be a shame to discount this proposal from the movie execs just because we have NIMBY's who want to conserve abandoned ghost barns and prefer the land be leased to the corn and strawberry road side stand industry.