View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 12, 2018, 8:30 AM

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil McAvity View Post
I agree, One Wilshire should be listed as 934 feet tall not 1100
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMBY View Post
Let's hope this inanity comes to an end, counting spires for height. All so childish, iMO!

You can't persuade me otherwise, Chicago still has the tallest building in the country!
That would require the rewriting of history as we know it almost every "Tallest" building lies about its height. The Empire State Building at the time of its completion without a doubt was the tallest building in the world. However. It lists 102 floors yet most of the floors over 90 don't actually exist. Its recorded at 1,454 to the top of the antenna, 1,250 to the top of the "Roof" but its last actual working floors is right above the 86th floor observation deck which is only 1,050 ft up. Same with the Chrysler, its last actual floor is only 899ft up yet the building with its massive (but Gorgeous and probably the best spire on the planet) takes the height up to 1,046 feet up. Fun fact with the worlds current tallest Burj Khalifa, It lists a height of 2,717ft tall. Yet. Its tallest floor is only 1,918 ft up. So the top 800 ft is literally just a massive spire.

Its dumb and annoying for sure and I still view the US Bank tower as the tallest building in California since it is if we're going off roof height. But if changed now, all the architectural history books will have to be shredded....Imagine