View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 23, 2017, 3:07 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHAPINM1 View Post
I may sound like a Buzzkill, but as much as I like this building, I see there a problem with an observation on this one for two reasons. :

1.) NYC is already saturated with observatories all around the same height (roughly 1,000 feet above the ground with the exception of 1WTC. Would there be anything special with this one? Are we already over-saturated with decks of this

2.) Not to get into the competition, but seeing there are several observatories 1,500 and above out there, I don't see it necessary for a new one to come on board until this happens. NYC gets a 2,000 footer or an observation over the height mentioned.

Just an observation~~

Then you don't get New York City. This building won't stand "next door" to the other observation decks. There are tourists who will go to the west side who won't make it Downtown. There are tourists who will make it to Rockefeller Plaza, and there are tourist who will make it Downtown to the WTC. And there are tourists who will make it all the way to Staten Island to see and ride the giant "wheel", and those that simply want to climb the "Vessel". It's not a one trick town, there are options, always options and not everyone will do everything. This observation deck, which by the way won't be open late like the others (it will double as event space) will offer a different vantage point. Very few people will make all the decks, or even go to more than one. If a new show opens on Broadway, we won't say there are already too many shows there.

Personally speaking though, I for one will be at them all.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.