View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 12, 2017, 5:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fawd View Post
Hello All -

Providing an update on the Barrister/Jefferson Place development as there seems to be some confusion/speculation...

The project has been on hold for several months due to a challenge from the Urban Phoenix Project. The UPP is trying to block the acquisition of the alley that bisects the property. There is a City Council hearing to, hopefully, resolve the issue on October 18th.

From what I understand, without the alley, the Barrister high-rise condo plan is not financially viable and dead in the water.

I am NOT a fan of the Urban Phoenix Project. The group does much more harm than good. They were successful in stopping a Hines project last year - so the Barrister folks are taking this seriously.

Fingers crossed... we are SO CLOSE to having an INCREDIBLY dense residental core in DT Phx!!!!
I could be missing something but I really don't understand the willingness to delay and derail projects like this over alleys. Seems like cutting if you're nose to spite your face. I understand the position that preserving the alley will result in better urban design. But surely the project without the alley is better for the urban fabric than a parking lot.