View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 21, 2016, 1:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeolas View Post
If Irving can grab the SuperCharge stations, then without a doubt we'll see one in Salisbury, and quite possibly at other Big Stops like Blue Canoe and Woodstock in the years to come.

Depending on where the demand is, they'll probably want to have one near each NB city eventually so travellers won't risk feeling stranded. (The long Young's Cove to Salisbury stretch on the TCH might feel daunting if a driver wasn't assured they had a charge station at either end).

Reflecting back to what I overheard at Harvest, one driver (I think it was the Tesla driver) said he was coming up from Halifax and he just made it to Blue Canoe before he had to plug into the wall for a few hours to make it the rest of the way in. So with that in mind, Silver Fox and Blue Canoe would be very likely super charge locations.
Tesla will build stand alone stations in the province - I'm just suggesting strategic areas along the TransCanada that ensure drivers can easily make it from charger to charger. I wasn't suggesting it would be part of an existing gas station - that is not Tesla's model. I think it will be many years before companies like Irving get into the charging business.