View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 10, 2016, 9:48 PM
Representing the ATX!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanwolf View Post
How many people actually commute from Austin to SA or vice versa? and would they really want to use a train to do so. Seems like a waist to me.
I'm sure someone here may be able to find the numbers because I don't really know myself. Given how heavy traffic is getting on 35 between the two cities, to the point that it's frequently bumper to bumper nearly the whole length during peak times, the consensus across the region is that something has to be done.

Now to be fair, not all the traffic is traveling between the two cities. Some are commuters between the suburbs. As far as people who actually work in one city and live in the other, I have known a couple of people over the years who have actually done it. The daily commute which on average took them an hour and a half each way. I wouldn't expect the numbers to be very high and it may be lower now than it was 10 years ago due to the increasing hassle. There are a lot of people who frequently travel between the cities either for business, family or recreation and I'm sure when you take into account those people, the numbers are higher.