View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 17, 2015, 7:36 PM
dazzle me

huge news out of hastings college:
Quote:
The public law school plans to build an academic building on a vacant lot it owns at 333 Golden Gate Ave., between Larkin and Hyde streets, the San Francisco Chronicle reported. That building would replace Snodgrass Hall, a structure at 198 McAllister Ave. that originally housed the law school. Eventually, the school plans to tear down Snodgrass Hall and replace it with a residential tower with up to 400 units of student housing, the Chronicle reported.
http://www.bizjournals.com/sanfranci...s-housing.html

from the hastings college news release:

Quote:
The Governor’s budget plan embraces the college’s recently concluded long-range campus planning process. The plan proposes $43.6 million over the next five years. Of that amount, $36.8 million is proposed in 2015-16 to construct a new academic building to replace the portion of the 198 McAllister building that was constructed in 1953. The project will develop a new academic facility of approximately 57,000 gross square feet on a vacant site owned by UC Hastings at 333 Golden Gate Avenue.
amazing! yes! i still wish that garage had never been built but maybe in a decade or so they'll covert it to classroom space. replacing snodgrass hall with a building conforming to modern institutional design practices will do a huge amount for the neighborhood, that's for sure.

next up is 101 hyde, the post office general delivery across the street from hastings college, which is reasonably far along in the entitlement process. that one will bring an 8 story building containing 85 units over 19 parking space (i know, like we need parking there) and ~6200 square feet of ground floor retail.

looks great for a tl proposal!