View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 1, 2014, 6:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenwick16 View Post
I like the mix of old and new buildings in Halifax and I am in favour of heritage preservation however I think that it has to be done through a joint venture of developers and heritage advocates instead of through constant fighting.
That spirit of cooperation is something the Trust doesn't seem to get, at all. They should be working to promote more effective heritage legislation, rally the public to conservation of important buildings before it's verging on too late, and work alongside politicians and developers to promote adaptive re-use generally, and work toward the salvage and re-use of specific endangered buildings.

Saving Morris House is the only project I can think of in living memory in which they've achieved something tangible.

Otherwise, they're clearly a little clubhouse with no ability to engage the outside world. They just publish their little Griffin newsletter, for what I imagine must be a tiny number of readers, and either through disinterest or cluelessness (I won't venture to guess which) barely engage the public otherwise.