View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 13, 2014, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jslaughter View Post
Couldn't agree any more. I love this design. It reminds me of the 1930's emporic design. (did i get the name right). I want to see more 12+ story buildings and hopefully another skyscaper that can be placed outside the fly zone. I really want to see Birmingham have the tallest building in the state again. I cannot wait to see what Birmingham has to offer in the next 10 years.

Also as a young man in my 20's, i have fancied with the idea of Birmingham suburbs and Atlanta suburbs connecting into a megalopolis in the next 100 years. I know this sounds crazy but at the rate the two cities are growing do you all think that it could happen in the distant future?
The idea of Birmingham and Atlanta suburbs meeting had been mentioned when construction began on Century Plaza Mall in the early 1970's. Then Birmingham Metro was growing to the east and Atlanta Metro was growing to the west and their suburbs were predicted to meet in the year 2000. But of course Birmingham went south and Atlanta went north and north east. I feel it is still possible if Grand River and Barbers Motorsport park are developed to their fullest potential and then it is just a matter of when.