Posted Dec 11, 2013, 5:46 AM
|
|
Registered User
|
|
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 843
|
|
I *love* the 96B Line. I almost never have to wait these days, either at Guildford or at Central City. Not having to endure those HOOGE lineups at Surrey Central Station for the 320 Bus is such an incredible relief.
There are a lot of reasons the 96B is still not meeting capacity. For one, it only reaches Guildford and Newton. A person from Fleetwood or White Rock is not going to switch buses just because the 96B will take them to Surrey Central a little bit faster.
And it is still a very recent bus service. Surrey residents don't have a lot of trust or admiration for the bus service and they have very good reason, IMO. It will take time for the 96B to establish itself as a reliable source of transport.
I'm a bit confused about Surrey being the only city where its centre does not have a movie theatre. What about Richmond? North Van? West Van? Delta? Coquitlam? Port Moody? Can you even take the bus to Coquitlam SilverCity?
|