View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 4, 2013, 7:43 PM

Although I am glad that one of these humongous lots is about to bite the dust with a much needed development, I can't help but to seriously hope that it doesn't get a suburban layout. This building needs to actually hold up the corner. That vacant lot is just way too big to orient the building any other way since there currently isn't any other structures it can abut (which would open the door to other suburban style developments if it's set too far back). Plus, the 63rd street green line station is right there. The parking can sit directly north of the building along Halsted and the part for the trucks to deliver their supplies can be west of the structure on the 63rd Street side or vice versa (trucks will probably be coming right off the dan ryan anyway so having their entrance on the 63rd street side might make the most sense).

I know nothing about the size of grocery stores but 18,000 sq. ft. sounds a bit small. Would that basically be on par with Walgreens or is it a bit bigger?

In any case, it's really good to see Englewood of all places finally get something....