View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 29, 2012, 3:08 AM

A delayed 'thank you' from my page 512 intro

Thanks Ethereal for the welcome yes, the odd juxtaposition of that big old [beautiful] house and the 'modern' Center Motel letters lured me in rather quickly.

And GaylordWilshire & Tovangar2 a big thanks for the info about Mrs. Halberstadt and the stories about 6720 Sunset Blvd! Very interesting and it really makes conjuring things up a lot more fun - wow, at 91 she's got her hands and time in a motel, impressive...

I love this picture...

Tovangar2 - thanks so much for sorting out my Sunset/Cahuenga intersection confusion...

Followed your 'directions' and did a google street map to try a match-up, this is the best I could do...

Sunset looking west from Cole Place

So another question about the area I some times lump together and call 'HV' or Hollywood and Vine[/B]

Molly's [next to the Ricardo Montalban theater on Vine]

The 'Since 1939' on the awning always intrigued me. Course we know it's closed now. But does anyone have any older photos of this hamburger stand? I really feel sad seeing these greasy spoons closing up for fancy-pants eateries... soon all we will have are greasy memories and '$40.00 cheesburger and fries' spots

I also saw this about the parking lot next to Molly's [sorry if this is old news to you all]

Controversies - Greasy Burger Shack Threatened by Purple-Hued Office Project

More info...
http://la.curbed.com/archives/2010/06/_the.php

Last begging, ooops, I mean question - Still hoping... Are there some photos out there of what used to occupy the space now currently known as Amoeba Records? [6400 Sunset Blvd]

Thanks much, will try to contribute more than just questions when/if I can... I realize I am a mere tent amongst skyscrapers