View Single Post
Old Posted May 12, 2012, 11:02 PM

More Aerials from 1978

I wasn't an L.A. Police officer --- I was doing a ride-along as a journalist. I believe I was living in Bunker Hill Towers at the time. I had just left my job with the U.S. Postal Inspection Service, which had its Los Angeles Division Headquarters on the second floor of the One Bunker Hill (Edison) Building. I'm pretty sure I shot these using Kodak Tri-X 400 ASA film on a Minolta 35mm SLR. This image shows Bunker Hill Towers on the nearly vacant Bunker Hill.

This shot of the old Edison Building shows the foot bridge that connected to the parking garage. You'll also notice the Grand Central Garage that was at 5th and Grand, directly kitty corner from the L.A. Main Library campus.

These two ads are courtesy of the Automobile Club of Southern California. They are from Touring Topics Magazine (later Westways) and are from their archives at their headquarters on South Figueroa Street.

The intersection of 3rd and Flower is at the bottom of the photo. Figueroa heads north on the left side of the shot. The tall building was then the Security Pacific Bank Building. The three similar buildings are Bunker Hill Towers. You can see the L.A. County Health Department on the left on Figueroa and the Department of Water and Power Building at the top.

Looking north at the intersection of Alameda and Macy (Now Cesar Chavez). I used to work at the Terminal Annex Post Office pictured here. The parking ramps for Union Station are at the bottom of the photo.