View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 11, 2011, 7:13 PM
Provincial Bumpkin

Number 1 is also a bit off. Playing that game at Mile High is CSU's idea. When we moved out game back to Folsom for a bit, it was their choice to keep their home game in Denver. Mostly because they can't get fans to drive to Fort Collins for games. Has nothing to do with CU.

I'll add, they put a whopping 17,000 people in the stands this year. That's not CU's fault either. But they are your league mates, so I understand your defending them.

Even if what you said was accurate - yes, we are too good to play on a high school field like the Lamb's home turf.

But we do suck, I'll grant you that. An elite school, if not elite on the football field. And if you want to maintain that, you don't start playing down because you've had a few tough years.

Nobody ever responded to my question the other day about what happens when Boise hits a slump. I imagine you don't want to think about it, because when it happens, you'll quickly revert to junior-college-in-flyover-country status. I envision an organic version of what happened to SMU, with fewer prospects for recovery.