View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 22, 2011, 3:22 AM

I hate to be negative ...... but I really don't think any site outside of the urban core will be a success and I grew up my whole life in dartmouth. Does anyone here remember a minor pro soccer team based in dartmouth???? If no that is most likely because you never crossed the water to see them play(or were too young) or when the halifax exports breifly moved accross the bay also not a success.........And what about the Montreal Expos(my favorite team) part of their demisse was the fact they couldn't get a stadium closer to the downtown and good transit and soon moved to washington.

I think for the first little bit a stadium anywhere in HRM would draw, but after the novelty wore off people will become more reluctant to travel further out to the "burbs" to see events. This has happened more than a few times through-out North America I assume.

I hope to see a stadium built, and any step in that direction is great, it is just my opinion that for long term sustainability it needs to be a central locale.

my vote : other