View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 2, 2011, 8:03 PM
hähnchenbrüstfiletstüc

According to Wikipedia, Dal is up to nearly 17,000 students. I think this is somewhat higher than when I went there (2002-2007). Dalhousie is a fairly well-known school and many of its students are from out of province, so local demographics don't necessarily have much of an impact on the student population. Note that 20 years ago there were also predictions that Halifax's population was going to languish around the 300,000 range -- this kind of thing has perennially been predicted yet has never happened. My prediction is that the city will continue to grow at about the same rate as it has grown for the past 260 years and that Dalhousie will continue to expand at a similar or greater pace.

Lately there's been a fair amount of construction at the university and I think it generally followed the plan from the 90s. The CS building, FASS, and Management are examples of this (not sure about the building on Coburg or LSRI). Now that most of the empty space along University Avenue is gone it makes sense that they're starting to look at the main quad, the giant empty lot next to the Dunn building, etc.