View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 28, 2011, 11:28 PM
Moderator / Supervillain

That's been tossed around since the new terminal was built - probably as far bas as 2002. It's pretty obvious that the airport needs that overpass. What's the point of building next to a freeway if you don't have access?? I've been told though that Dieppe's first priority is widening Dieppe Blvd over the highway. The traffic over that particular bridge far exceeds that going to the airport, but I still think a new bridge at the airport would be the better investment. The city is investing heavily in expanding the industrial park, and residential and commercial development in the far end of the city has been pretty significant. A second overpass would greatly improve access to the whole area. More importantly, it would take a lot of pressure off Dieppe Blvd.

I'm a bit biassed now, mind you. Not having an overpass there means that my commute is at least three minutes longer going home than it is getting to work, regardless of the time of day. We're the only building on the street at the moment, but the lack of access to Rt 15 means that at least 180 minutes of extra driving is required every day. When the park is full, and there are several hundred people working there, the waste in fuel will be very significant.