View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 20, 2009, 3:24 PM
Member of SSP since 1997

^Cutter Financial was planned for Hartford.

This is the view I chose - image by KCGridlock at urbanphotos.com:

Here's my wishlist for Cleveland (again - apologies to KCGridlock, but his photos have the best angles for this kind of thing).

As most people know, there's a cluster of parking lots adjacent to Cleveland's Public Square and that's the area I've focused on. I don't necessarily want a specific building from another city, but the massing and general "feel" of them, if that makes sense.

From left to right:
1. An office tower about 550'-600' on Public Square - something along the lines of First National from Omaha or 1250 Rene Levesque in Montreal (glassy/curvy).

2. A mixed-use complex that helps transition from Public Square to the Warehouse District. In this case, I chose Waterfront Square from Louisville to serve as the tallest portion (just under 300') and then filled the rest of the site with low/midrise.

3. A hotel tower about 400'-425' to fill the site that currently serves as the entrance to underground parking for Tower City Center (Terminal Tower complex). The big blank rectangle in the original photo is the ballroom of the adjacent Renaissance Hotel, so this tower could possibly be directly connected. I thought something like Milwaukee's University Club tower would work well here.