View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 20, 2009, 11:58 PM
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicelord John View Post
If you infact live in an apartment, then you do not own it, and your ownership wouldn't translate to a parking space anyhow. The space is owned by the HOA or management company and you are entitled to the rights to it.

The reason they want you to call the office and recieve verification is because if they didn't require it, any schmuck could call and say "thats my parking space, tow the car in it!!" The towing company doesn't want the liability of taking a car which they legally had now grounds to take. I've been through the same situation 100 times in my complex.
No, any schmuck couldn't call and say "that's my parking space." The space number is on my lease right next to my apartment number. It wouldn't be that hard for them to send a tow truck, and when it gets here I can show them my paperwork showing that the space is assigned to me.

Quote:
If you're like most people, you wedge it up to the front of the space. Your best option at this point is to notify your apartment manager (they should be on site) or your HOA manager (if you actually live in a condo... I'm confused about this because you mention ownership and apartment in the same sentence.) They will either ignore you or handle it. My HOA gave me a written letter stating that my parking space belongs to my unit, and anytime someone parks in it, I can call towing.
I wedge it up at the front of the space so my fiance can park her car next to me. I shouldn't need to park in the middle of the space and then get out of bed later (I work early in the morning, she works late at night at the moment... it's lame) to move the bike and allow her to park in the space.

I tried going to the apartment manager (apartment, not condo, "own" was the wrong word), they gave me option A and said too bad.

Quote:
There are easier ways to handle this than to simply bash a car with a tire iron and cause more problems than you already have.
Sure, but none of them are nearly as satisfying

I wouldn't actually, mostly because I don't want them to retaliate in kind, but it's definitely fun to think about