View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 21, 2009, 1:35 AM

A nice sunny day in the city

I was up nice and early today for an appointment so I thought I'd take advantage and go on a photoshoot around town. Hope you guys enjoy it.

I started just north of Robie. I love these little brick flats scattered around the neighbourhood.

Such nice detailing.

Coburg Tower. A nice example of resdential density in the area.

Dalhousie's new Administration building going up on Coburg Road. It is quite far along. With facade about to be going on and almost all of the concrete appears to have been poored. So far so good in my eyes.

Onward to the rest of the Dalhousie Campus.

The amazing Killiam Library. One of my favourite buildings in Halifax. The atrium is such a cool place.

Looking up the median of University at the Henry Hicks Building.

I forgot that they were planning on tearing down one of the old houses on the corner of University and LeMarchant. It opens up the corner quite nicely actually. I don't know if there is a plan for this site but it has been sodded over and has created a nice place to sit in the grass and study.

The relatively new Management Building.

The new sign for Dalhousie with the Dentistry building and the Tupper Building in the background.

Some views of the Dentistry Building.

And now the new Research Institute.
It's coming along very nicely with the first bit of the facade now up. I had no idea there was going to be such a large atrium in the centre. It looks great.

Coming onto Spring Garden now.

Sacred Heart Private School. Love the entry way.

And the crappy new addition. The only thing I can say about it is it does sort of blend in even though its big and ugly.

The new entry to the Public Gardens.

The old grand Lord Nelson Hotel which is actually a very large building! Too bad they did such a crap job with the addition many years ago.

And now we come to the pit. Nothing terribly exciting going on today.

Fenwick with its lovely new bright green banners.

The new Bell Aliant sign being installed on the Maritime Centre.

The new stone clad base of the Spring Garden side of Gerard Hall. Note that they used actual real live stone!!!! No precast or crap fake stuff here.

The Morris Street side of Gerard with the Stone clad base and the new facade being installed. It's still covered with a paper but I did manage to find a tiny piece that was exposed. It looks like a pretty dull grey. But I won't judge until it is finished.

The Homburg Renessance Suites with its crap fake alluminum roof.

Victor Sipereks (not sure how to spell that) lovely house.

And down to the waterfront and the new headquaters for Emera. Note the giant pile of rubble out front that is as big as a house!

Our other grand old hotel the Westin. Fortunately their additions were nicer.

Coming up on the new Farmers Market. The crane on site was moving the large barriers around. Not sure why, as they were only installed a month or two ago.

And back around to the waterfront side of the old power plant.

Hope you guys enjoyed. That's it for today. I'll put all corrisponding photos in their respective project threads as well.