View Single Post
Old Posted May 4, 2009, 7:28 PM

True. But I was reading that the old building around the WTC complex. Built in the 1920's and 30's. Held up very well from being hit by self and the fire itself. But those building. Had concertet poured around the steal beams, internal walls of block and brick,etc. But back than the skyscraper was a new technolgoy and overbuilding was the only way to make sure it work. I think it would have been a bit different that day at WTC if they would have done a bit more when being it than less.

According, to what I read. THe fireproofing level code used on the WTC was change in the city of new york right before this project begin. Made much thinner. The older building around the WTC comples that had the old code and was of newer construction faired very well. And the WTC was being upgraded as floors become open to a new level of fireproofing before 9/11.

always better to add a bit looking forward to the day when something bad happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scalziand View Post
That was just a skim coat over the steel trusses and decking that comprised the floor. It's not like that slab was the entire structure of the floor.